The International Short Film Festival of Cyprus celebrates ten years as an international festival, and will take place this coming October, from the 10th to the 16th, at the Rialto Theatre. The festival organisers- the Rialto Theatre and the Cultural Services of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth- are taking all necessary measures against the spread of covid-19, having as their priority the health and safety of the audience and festivalgoers.*
Eleven short films made by new Cypriot directors and established filmmakers are
included in this year's National Competition Programme.
A pre-selection committee decided on the Cypriot films participating in the national
competition. The committee members were Nicolas Khabbaz, producer and Director of
Audio Visual Arts at Notre Dame University - Lebanon (NDU), Adonis Florides, director
and Dr Marios Psarras, director - film academic. The international competition
programme is curated by Cypriot film directors Alexia Roider and Ioakim Mylonas.
An international jury, the members of which will be announced soon, will present the
winners with the following awards: 1st Prize for Best Short Film, Best Director Award,
2nd Prize for Best Short Film, 1st Prize for Best National Film, 2nd Prize for Best
National Film, Best Documentary Award, Best Performance Award in a Cypriot film
sponsored by the Limassol Municipality, Best Cypriot Director Award 'Dinos
Katsourides', Best Cinematography Award and Student Jury Award for Best Music
The 11 short films in the National Competition are:
1. Amalgamation, Directed by: Sylvia Nicolaides, Nicolas Iordanou
2. The Stair, Directed by: Andreas Dimitriou
3. I don't want to forget anything, Directed by: Vaggelio Soumeli
4. Beautiful Day, Directed by: Christos Nicolaou
5. Zitate na sas po, Directed by: Paris Prokopiou
6. The Hunt, Directed by: Sholeh Zahraei, Kamil Saldun
7. Betrayal, Directed by: Katiana Zachariou
8. The Fabulous Misadventures of Cotsios & Yiannakis, Directed by: Alexander
9. The Harvester Generation, Directed by: Minos Papas
10. The Parrot Lady, Directed by: Michalis Kalopaidis
11. I don't like the wind, I like the sun... Directed by: Tonia Mishiali
Τhe above films are automatically included in the international competition.
More information about the Festival and its screenings programme will be announced in
the coming weeks.
* The Rialto Theatre (both indoors and outdoors) operates in accordance with
international standards and the health and safety decrees that govern theatres and
cinemas, as imposed by the government, to prevent spread of covid-19. For the detailed
protection measures please visit the Rialto Theatre website here.
The Festival is organised by the Cultural Services of the Ministry of Education, Culture,
Sport & Youth and the Rialto Theatre.
Facebook: @Int’l Short Film Festival of Cyprus
Info: RIALTO Theatre 77 77 77 45