The Rialto Theatre is one of the island’s most important performing arts cultural organisations. It meets the needs of the multicultural audience of Cyprus, by organising and hosting high-quality music, theatre, cinema, dance and opera events, of both local and international character. As a non-profit organisation, it is a registered company limited by guarantee of its members (no. 9782) and has its registered office at Leontiou A '159 - Maryvonne Building, 1st floor, Gr. 101 - 3022 Limassol.
Please contact us by e-mail at , by phone at +357 25 34 39 02 or write to us using the following postal address:
Data Protection Officer
P.O.Box 50332, 3603
Limassol - Cyprus
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
If you are asked to provide any Personal Data, you have the right to request more details regarding its use and whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences in case you do not provide them).
Information we collect
Our website and app are designed to enable the viewers and audience of the Rialto Theatre to interact with the Theatre. To facilitate this, we use your personal data as detailed below:
We collect and process personal data about you when you register to use our website or our app (Rialto Application) and when you subscribe to our newsletter and sms notifications by filling in our (online or offline) form.
The data we collect for the above purpose include:
Your full name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number.
Reasons for obtaining such information:
• To contact you in order to inform you about upcoming events, offers and ticket availability, as well as to respond to any enquiries you may have related to our services;
• To enable you to purchase online tickets via our website www.rialto.com.cy and our app or to issue your supporter card;
• To communicate with you about any issue that may arise regarding such purchase, whether online, by phone or in person (i.e. refund management or payments);
• To provide you with any information related to ticket purchase;
• To enable you to track your payment history status via your online personal account on our website;
• To provide you with the possibility of re-issuing your tickets in case you lose them;
• To inform you about upcoming events that may be of interest to you and about any other services we may offer from time to time;
• To invite you to give feedback or take part in market research or surveys that will assist us in improving our services;
• To use your purchase history information in order to better understand your preferences and interests and, thus, serve you in the most effective manner;
• To inform you about any offers in tickets or other services that the Theatre may decide to provide; • To improve and protect our content, services and website.
Special Use for Supporter Card Holders
• Purchasing tickets at reduced prices
• Receiving exclusive updates for major performances, privileged access to seating plan and other promotions
• Receiving notification/reminder for supporter card renewal
Financial information including bank account and payment card details:
Your payment card details are collected via our website or app. Such information is solely used for billing purposes by our certified payment services provider. Your payment card information is encrypted and securely transmitted to our payment services provider via HTTPS.
Personal Data Retention Period
Upon completion of your purchase and after the performance, your personal data is permanently and securely stored in Rialto Theatre’s database, in order to serve you in the most effective manner, as described above.
Security of Information
Any personal information we collect is registered, used and protected by us in accordance with the applicable law on
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your request for an online ticket and provide any personal data (mentioned in the above section), which may include credit card details or other data, our software providers use standard Transport Layer Security (TLS 1.2) encryption technology to guard your information as securely as possible. Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Do not share or disclose your password to any other person. It is further clarified that the Rialto Theatre has no access to your password.
More information about your rights
You may request us to modify or update your personal information at any time by contacting us, or you may correct your data directly by changing your profile on our website and app. Please include your name, address and e-mail address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
Right to Access
You have the right to request and receive a copy of the personal information that you have provided to us. This right may be limited if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Data about another person.
Right to Restrict the Processing of your Personal Data
You can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing). Please note that you will always be able to withdraw your consent.
Right for deletion of your Personal Data
You may, at any time, submit your request for deletion of your personal data from the Theatre’s archive. To cancel your subscription, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in our newsletters or submit your request in writing at the address found below.
Please note that in this case you will no longer be able to purchase tickets online or by phone.
Please note that you may continue to receive notifications for a short period after changing your preferences until all our systems are fully updated.
Exercising the aforementioned rights
To exercise any of the aforementioned rights, you may contact us using the details set out below:
By e-mail at: (Data Protection Officer) or send us your request in writing at the following address:
P.O.Box 50332, 3603
Limassol - Cyprus
If you have any unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. In Cyprus, you may contact the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office at the following address:
1, Iasonos street, 1082 Nicosia
P.O. Βox 23378, 1682 Nicosia
Tel: +357 22818456, Fax: +357 22304565
Or by e-mail at: