19th CYPRUS FILM DAYS
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL 2021
16th – 24th April 2021
Rialto Theatre, Limassol & Zena Palace Cinema, Nicosia
The Cyprus Film Days International Festival 2021 co-organised by the Cultural Services of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth and the Rialto Theatre kickstarts its 19th hybrid edition this Friday 16th April, at the Rialto Theatre in Limassol with online and physical screenings and events. For the first time this year, and due to the restrictions imposed by the pandemic, the Festival launches an online Platform.
This year’s edition opens with the Cyprus premiere of the multi-award-winning Nomadland, directed by Chloé Zhao. The opening ceremony will begin with a theatre performance by SEASON Women directed by Magdalena Zira. Influenced by the current developments and the “MeToo” movement that has shaken our society these past months, the performance illustrates in a poignant and humorous way the patriarchal trends within the film industry. Directed by Magdalena Zira, the performance takes place in collaboration with SEASON Women, starring Varsia Adamou, Nedi Antoniadi, Valentinos Kokkinos, Ivi Nicolaidou and Polyxeni Savva.
CFD Online Platform
Taking into account the restrictive measures related to COVID-19, but also the increased demand and the limited number of available tickets (50 per screening), the Festival launches an online platform offering the opportunity to a larger number of viewers to virtually participate in this year’s edition. For the first time this year, all films – except for Nomadland and Apples – will also be streamed online at the Cyprus Film Days online platform: https://cfd2021.eventive.org/
By purchasing a daily pass, viewers will have the opportunity to watch online all the films that will be physically screened at the Rialto Theatre. The virtual daily pass will be valid for a 24-hour window (from noon to noon). Pre-sale starts on Wednesday 14/4 at https://cfd2021.eventive.org/. The Children and Youth screenings’ programme will be accessible for free to everyone throughout the entire festival duration at: https://cfdyouth2021.eventive.org/
Useful information for online streaming:
- The daily pass for online streaming costs 6 euro. The pass gives access to all the scheduled films of the day that will be screened live at the Rialto Theatre (see screenings’ programme at the Rialto Theatre).
- The films will be screened in their original language with subtitles whether in Greek or in English. The subtitling language of every film is mentioned on the platform.
- The films Nomadland & Apples are excluded from online streaming.
- Online viewers will also have the opportunity to vote for the Audience Award.
- All films are suitable for +18.
- Pre-sale starts on Wednesday 14/4 at https://cfd2021.eventive.org/
Contact number for online streaming: 99379755.
The full detailed programme is available on the Festival’s website at www.cyprusfilmdays.com.
Note: The Festival is scheduled in full compliance with all applicable measures related to Covid-19. In case of changes, the Festival will notify the audience via its website.